Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014



The Orr Taco Truck and my buddy Jake


Me, Elder Rumsey and his greenie.
My Zone
Me and my home-girl Sister Heather Jensen

 Last week was delightful! Transfer meeting was awesome! I got to see all the old friends and it's just a great short meeting! We had 27 or so new missionaries! And we lost only 9 so we gained a lot which is great! The mission is opening 3 new areas also which is way cool to hear! But at transfers I realized that I'm an older missionary now!

It's crazy! I still feel like it was yesterday when I came out here and now it's almost been a year! My new comp is Elder Schnell he is a hipster to the max from Portland! He is cool, but he is the online/tech missionary so he has to spend a lot of time on the phone helping missionaries and etc.. So he has a hard job and he's always on the phone! But we has rockin number with 32 lessons and just a great over all week! Yesterday at church we had one of my favorite members speaking. Sister Hinds! She is the primary president and she has 5 kids, and her husband has been deployed for 8 months now and he still has a while, but she talked about the priesthood. It was honestly one of the best talks I've ever heard in a sacrament meeting. She totally shut down the whole ordained woman and just talked about the men in our ward need to step up because there are lots of people here who do not have a priesthood holder at home right now! It was a very good talk! We also had Josh at church and he is still stoked for baptism and we had some great lessons with him last week! But we are excited for him! But everything is good out here! We had a cooler week last week which was a blessing! Take care! Love Elder Ty