Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Baptism

All the missionaries and Amanda and her family

On the way to Linden, TN.

MLC


The Linden, TN elders apartment in the middle of no where..

Linden, TN Country

Blake's Baptism
Last week was great! Honestly was of the best weeks of my life. Too start off we had an amazing week in our own area. We hit 6 member presents which was our goals, and we really saw the Ward come and help teach with us to our investigators. The zones member presents increased as well which was need. That alone is a huge be miracle! We had some great lessons. The one that sticks out the most is the one with Don. He's the man. He was able to spend a long time talking to his sisters who is a member back in the mother land of Utah! She told him lots, and helped him lots. He is pumped to keep learning and coming to church. He was sick, and didn't make it yesterday, but I think he's going to be our WHITE CHRISTMAS!!! We also had the opportunity to go out to Linden which is as west as our mission goes. It was a beautiful trip. I loved it! We went through a state park, and checked out some view points on our way. It was a fun trip. We then went out with the Elders over there, and we went and visited one on the coolest investigators families I've ever met. They were so country it was unreal. I haven't been around real southern folk for almost 8 months.. So it was fun to hear the word possum in our small talk!! They had beautiful farm house in the middle of these huge streets which was awesome! Then this weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go back to Lebanon for a baptism. It was great. It was for Blake one of Amanda's step kids. That family is amazing! It was sooooo great to see them. It was like coming home. I was asked to speak on the Holy Ghost at the baptism which was great. It was unbelievable how much they have grown in the gospel sense I left. Jesslyn spoke at the baptism and she did so well. The experience brought me so much joy. I feel like it was slight little look at what heaven will be like. It was truly one of the best experience to see them. It remind me of a quote I read this week which said: "You can count the number of seeds in a single apple, but you can’t count the number of apples in a single seed." Which is so cool with there family we shared a little seed, and they grew it so much. They do so much member missionaries work it's unreal. I left that night so grateful and still am for my mission. I've been thinking about where would they be with out the gospel. I have no clue. Missions are wonderful, and I'm so grateful for mine. This work is the most important, and I'm very grateful I'm out here serving the lord. There is no place I'd rather be. I also received exciting news that I will be staying the area, but I'm loosing Elder Smith. I now will be training a new zone leader which will be fun, but I do have to say I'm very nervous. I don't know very Franklin very well, but like one of my favorite quotes says 'there is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growing zone." Thanks so much for the everything! Love Elder Jaros