Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014

The TREE

The TREE

Me and Elder Allen

The old Lebanon Homies!

I can't believe that my second Christmas away is here this week.. I remember thing last year looking at the next year saying to myself next Christmas is forever away and I pretty sure all I did was blink and it was here again. This past year of serving the lord has been amazing. I've learned a lot, and grown a lot in my testimony, but sadly not in height.. This Christmas season has been a lot easier on Elder Jaros compared to last years. I've been able to really focus on Christ. This month I reread the gospel of Luke which is my favorite gospel, and it was an amazing experience to really look at all the savior did then and look all the savior does now. This last week was great. When I came to Franklin we had no one, and was very slow going. Now we are still growing that teaching pool, but each week we find some one else who is such a miracle. We actually have progressing investigators now who are really solid, and that has all came this month. Don who we were really hoping would be baptized this week most likely won't he is working 19 hours a day. We stay in contact with him via the phone and texting which is good, but I just wish we could sit down with him. This week we went to Hohenwald for an district meeting. As a zone leader we have to go every districts district meeting a transfer. It's a lot of driving in the early mornings, but is usually a good time listening to talks and such on the road! Hohenwald has some church history. 138 years ago two elders were shot and killed there, and there hasn't been missionaries back sense, but a few months ago our mission president opened Hohenwald TN. It's doing great as an area, and this weekend for the first time in 138 years there will be 3 people baptized into the church! It's a way cool miracle. The sisters there are killing it, and it's been way cool to see them have success. They called us last night and told us about the special spirit of that town. Super cool. We also had a great ward party on friday night! It was a blast. This Franklin Ward really knows how to party! We had Eddie Benzen with us! He is the best. He is one of favorite investigators I've ever taught. He is the best! Not super interested, but he loves us to pieces, but at the ward party he came up to me at the end and said that was the most fun he's had sense his wife has passed. Love that guy. I'm excited to see some of you on Thursday! It will be awesome! Fastest 40 minutes of our lives, but the best. I wanted to share a line I read from the Christmas talks Grandma sent me last year. The quote was from today talk by President Monson which said "For us our Heavenly Father gave His Son. For us our Elder Brother gave HIS life." As I've turn my heart to his birth this year I just have noticed the love he has for us. He gave his only begotten for us, and I think of the love our elder brother has for us. Truly amazing, and I'm so grateful for this Christmas season it's been the best. I grateful for all the love that you send me. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PACKAGES AND SUCH. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Love Ty!