Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015


Me and my buddy! Philip

MLC


A Real Grammy


Slave Grave Yard


Grandma and Grandpa Marshalls old station wagon?

That's the Natchz Trestle Bridge

TN!

A week of miracles and constant go go go! We had lots of leadership responsibilities last week! On Tuesday we had MLC all day long! It was so great though! We set mission goals, and learned a lot, but the thing is when we have MLC it means we have Zone Meeting later in the week so rest of the week was packed with planning trainings for the Zone. The topic I picked was Goals and setting Zone goals, as well as area/district goals. It went well I believe. Not a super hard topic to talk on! We have a zone goal of 4 baptism per month in the Franklin zone which isn't a whole lot, but we have some struggles, and 4 each month will be a huge improvement! This weekend there will be 4 baptized from the zone! We are pretty stoked for that! Here in Franklin we had the best week of my time here in Franklin! We had DON AND RUBIN AT CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! It was sooooo awesome!!! They both loved it, but the best part was that we set TWO DATES LAST WEEK! 2/7 for Don and Rubin! Don's sister should be flying out that weekend and his mother who isn't a member! So that will be rad, and Rubin is doing super well! We are still trying to find who should be his fellowshipper... we don't have very many young college aged people in our ward, but we are praying to find a good fellowshipper! It was truly such a blessing to teach them last week. Our lesson with Rubin was super spiritual, and he talked about the spirit most of the lesson and set the date! Way cool! Plus we knocked into this man who has won a few grammys... way cool I know! Yesterday we also had a change in our ward leadership. We got a new bishop. It's Bishop Callister! He will be a great bishop! I'm excited to work with him! He is a great guy, and when he talks in church he reminds me sooo much of President Callister from back home! It's rad! The future looks so bright. I am really starting to love Franklin. This place is great, and I hoping I can help turn it into the promise land! One last thought that has been on my mind a lot lately is from my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon Alma 13:29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest. The underlined part in my major of goal of late. I've learned so much over the past 17 months, but the biggest thing I've learned is that if I show love to my comp, my ward, my investigators, and everyone I can truly be an instrument in the lords hand. I'm so grateful for this mission and I love it. Nothing is better then the excitement of the mission field. Thank you so much for everything Love ya Ty