Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015

That moment you gotta bike in the rain in a trash bag so shirt doesn't
get destroyed haha
The district!

My daily breakfast!
We had another wonderful week! I know I start every week off with a line like that, but the lord really did blesses again! We hit our goals and just some sooooo many blessings! We also were able to give many priesthood blessings. That's something that I've loved so much about my mission is coming to understand more about the priesthood and giving lots of blessings to non members and members. Truly amazing to have such a gift from God. We didn't have any one at church, but this week will be better! We had some good lessons with Rachel and Christian, but they both said they couldn't make it this Sunday. Which was a bummer! We had a busy week with splits with President Andersen, and exchanges with the Zone Leaders. We had an awesome day on Tuesday where every lesson we had set up worked out, and we had 10 amazing spiritual lessons. It was sweet! One of those awesome days! Plus now I've figure out how to use the buses successfully so that's nice! On Wednesday night we went to go visit a referral. We have a home teaching list here in this branch, and as we were home teaching I just asked all the less actives for referrals. Well the one lady gave us her son, and they were golden. There names are John and Peaches. Peaches runs a tax company, and she had sooooo many questions for us. She loved the message we shared! I'm stoked for them! This week I also kept having my new favorite song come to my head, and I want to share that with ya'll. 
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
1.If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously
if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
2.If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He was never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more rev’rently
if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
3.— He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

I love this song. I love the word to it. It always helps me to remember my savior and to remember he's always near. Thanks so much for everything! Love ya'll! Elder Ty