Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

My shoes have seen a better day..
Trunky papers
Another week in paradise! It's been hot but heavenly! We had our up and downs for the week, but it was another good week! We taught lots of lessons again, and just talked to people about our savior! I truly have the best job in the WORLD!! We had two investigators at church which was sweet! We had Terry and Jesse there. We had awesome lesson with both of them this week as well! Terry has been church three times now which is awesome. He is a father of twins, and he's been through a lot, but Monday we taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ again to him, it went so well. As we were teaching we really focused on the spirit and we took a second, and stop in the lesson and asked if he felt it and he did and it was just a super spiritual moment! Which was rad. Than with Jesse we brought Sister Somerholters who is awesome! She one of my favorite members, and it went so well. He's been praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true which is sweet. This week will be solid as well! We have exchanges, some service, and a ward party! So that's going to be awesome! This week as I was studying my general conference talks as I do every morning I got to Elder Hollands talk from the last general conference, and I came across this gem of a quote "That first Easter sequence of Atonement and Resurrection constitutes the most consequential moment, the most generous gift, the most excruciating pain, and the most majestic manifestation of pure love ever to be demonstrated in the history of this world. Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, suffered, died, and rose from death in order that He could, like lightning in a summer storm, grasp us as we fall, hold us with His might, and through our obedience to His commandments, lift us to eternal life." He is there to hold us and bring us back for sure. This week as I realized I was coming home soon he was there to comfort me and help me to see all the blessings from my mission. I'm so grateful for my mission. For my testimony. For the the prophet Joseph Smith and the questions he had, for the priesthood and the Book of Mormon and so much more, but I'm most grateful for my Savior who was always there when things got rough. I love him, and I'm grateful to be serving him. Love ya Elder Jaros!