Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27, 2015

Me and My Elvis lovin Investigator! Notice the giant Elvis in the background!

The District

The District

The District

The green trees of Tennessee

Home is the next road for me!

Best Hot Dog in the World

The River

Me and Elvis

Wow can you believe it's all done? I can't! It's gone by way to fast. I've loved every minute of it. This last week was great!! We had lots of members come out with us which was a amazing! We have built up a good sized teaching pool here now, and the member are really trusting us now, and it's truly been amazing to see how much this area has changed in these 12 weeks. We didn't have a single investigators the first day and now we have a big teaching pool! It's awesome! This week as well we had another good week of finding! We do one hour of finding a day, but each day it was very fruitful! One of our newest investigators Kay who we found just a few weeks ago is really progressing! She is reading like crazy, and just loving the gospel.She is huge Elvis fan! Haha She is super cool, and I really think she will be baptized soon enough. She is cooking me a southern meal tonight! So that will be fun! This week has been so great on Member Presents as well! We had all different members come out with us which is so awesome! Yesterday at church we also had Ginger and Jesse there again. They are such a miracle. Especially Ginger. She grew up in the church, but has never been active in the church really sense the age of 10. We met her while walking down a street when my bike lock broke, and I stopped and talked to her. They have been through a lot the last few months they were homeless, and been through it all, but now they are doing so well. They just both seem happy, and ready to take on life. I think a big purpose of me being here was to help them. We also had another less active at church on Sunday. Which was sweet as well. It's crazy to me that it's all basically over. After tonight's 3 hours of missionary work it will basically be done.. I can't believe it. I had my departing interview already which was unreal.. I think I was shell shocked, but it was awesome being to talk to President Andersen about the experience of my mission. It was a great interview. We set some goals together and bore testimony, and had just a really spirit drive interview which was awesome. He's such a great man, and I'm very grateful for all he's done for me over this these two years! I love him and his wife a lot there just great people. Well these two years have been amazing, and I've learned so much each transfers I learned something, and I thought I would share with ya'll:


1. Cookeville-Gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon!
2. Cookeville-How much Heavenly Father loves me!
3. Cookeville- Bring a diligent missionary
4. Lebanon- Learned how to rebuild an area
5. Lebanon- Importance of Goals!
6. Lebanon- Focusing on others not myself
7. Clarksville- How to be a leader!
8. Clarksville- The importance of the priesthood power!
9. Clarksville- Miracles come by Faith
10. Clarksville- The importance of my covenants
11.Franklin- Salvation doesn't come easy
12. Franklin- Learning the will of my Heavenly Father
13. Franklin- The importance of member presents at lessons
14. Franklin- Zone unity
15. Franklin- Focusing on baptism
16. Nashville- Miracles everyday!
17. Nashville- How the Atonement can changes us all!

Truly the mission has been the best! I've loved every minute of it. It has brought me so much eternal JOY! I have seen so many miracles, and just Heavenly Father hand all over the place showing me where to go or what to say! I've gained a testimony of the gospel, and how it can change us to become better. I've learned about how the atonement is such a gift that I should always use in my life, and I'm truly so grateful for my savior. I've met so many wonderful members, investigators, and recent converts that will always have a huge impact of my life. I've made friends with so many people, and I loved my mission so much. It's meant everything to me. I'm so grateful for all my Heavenly Father has done for me, and I'm just grateful for everything. I think Ammon said it best when he said this in Alma 26: "11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.  12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." The mission has been amazing, and I'm so grateful for my call to serve. I'm grateful for such a loving family who supported me over these two years. Ya'll are truly amazing, and there is no way I could have done this with out ya'll. So thank you very much! And I guess I'll see ya'll later this week! Ha love ya 
Elder Jaros