Saturday, July 11, 2015

July 6, 2015

My boots!

When you lock your self out, but you live in a super guetto house
where the windows don't lock!

4th of July

Puppies
July is here.. Don't know if I'm excited or sad! Just lots of emotions. We had a great week in the rain forest of Tennessee! It rain a lot last week! It was unreal. We taught 42 lessons! It was probably one of the best weeks as a missionary I've ever had! Which is awesome! We set a soft baptismal day with Jesse! He wasn't so eager for an
exact date yet, but he came to church and read from the Book of Mormon this week! He's making friends at church as well which is a huge blessing! We also had a great lesson with Christian! We taught about the priesthood, and talked about him being a priesthood holder. It was a great time. He said something that stuck out to me a lot. He said if I had the Priesthood it would be something I would thank God daily for each morning and night. That hit me hard, at times I've I'm more grateful for it, but as he said that it was a time for me to recommit to do that daily. We also had a cool experience with knocking we knocked into a new less active to teach. I love went that happens! He just moved down from New York, and he's just a great guy. We also had two less actives at church! That was awesome. The work I this area is great! We have been busy. It's a great place to serve! Our 4th July was sort of lame! Not much going on, and all the members were out of town, but we had a good time teaching and testifying! A lot of Gratitude has filled my heart. I keep having these moments of where I think about all the amazing people I've met in the past 23 months. From Cookeville to Nashville. I've also thought about all that I've learned about the gospel, and how that's influence me to want to be the best person I can be! Every transfer had a new life lesson learned if it was from the priesthood to covenants to the Book of Mormon to being Christ like. I'm just so grateful. There was a great quote from True to the Faith I wanted to share with ya'll: "The Lord has promised, “He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious” (D&C 78:19). Gratitude is an uplifting, exalting attitude. You can probably say from experience that you are happier when you have gratitude in your heart. You cannot be bitter, resentful, or mean-spirited when you are grateful." I'm so grateful for Tennessee and my call to serve, and I'm grateful to be able to keep serving for rest of my life. I love my mission, and all of ya'll.
Elder Jaros